Raw Chocolate Ice Cream
2 cans premium coconut milk
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
2 bananas (optional)
Blend until creamy smooth in blender.
Pour it into ice cream maker and mix for
You can make Strawberry Ice Cream by
putting 2 cups frozen strawberries instead
of the cocoa and bananas. You can have just the chocolate without the bananas also.
If you don’t have a coffee grinder you can just put the vanilla beans to the blender with everything else it will add an interesting texture!
- 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup maple syrup *note, many maple syrups are processed with formaldehyde so look for the organic ones and the darker the better.
- Grind vanilla beans in a blender
- Combine vanilla nuts, water and maple syrup in a blender.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to instructions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can place it in a freezer for about 6 hours and stir it every hour or more…the more you stir the more “fluffy” it will be.
Maple Pecan Ice Cream
This is sooooo yummy.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw tahini (sesame butter)
- 3/4 cup dark agave nectar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinammon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Combine the bananas, the “butters”, sweeteners and vanilla in the food processor. Process until creamy.
- Stir in pecans.
- Freeze in an air tight container for 6 hours or overnight.
Photo of vanilla icecream is from: kristensraw.com/raw_food_photos.php
Photo of berry and fudge icecream is from: vegansweettooth.wordpress.com